Our New Vision Statement!
Vision Statement (where we want to be; the desired end state): South Bay USD students will develop mastery of language and math—so that as well educated citizens—each is equipped and empowered for success in a rapidly changing world.
1st Day of School is Fast Approaching for Pine Hill Elementary, South Bay Elementary,
& South Bay Middle — TUESDAY, AUGUST 22ND - SCHOOL BEGINS AT 8:20 AM
Our ONLINE FREE AND REDUCED MEAL APPLICATION is quick and easy to use. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to submit your applications conveniently from any internet-accessible computer. Use this direct link to begin the application process.
Back to School Night!!!
Meet the teachers and learn what makes South Bay USD an amazing place to learn and grow.
- Pine Hill School: Wed, August 23rd from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- South Bay School: Thurs, August 24th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- South Bay Charter: Thurs, August 24th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm
10 Ways to Make the Switch from Summer Mode to School Mode
- Restart Routines: About 2 weeks before school starts, make bedtime earlier, dust off the alarm clock, and aim to serve meals at approximately the same times your child will be eating throughout the school year.
- Go Over Ground Rules: When and where will homework be done? TV? Chores? Establishing guidelines and going over them together will make sure you?re on the same page once the school year begins.
- De-Stressing Dressing: Many parents have found that letting their child choose their 1st-day outfit to be beneficial - a souvenir shirt from a park you visited or a special new dress to match a friend. Please replace the summer sandals with socks and sneakers.
- Develop a Game Plan - Together: Discuss goals for the upcoming school year, triumphs from the year before, and some skills to work on during this year.
- Keep Summer Passions in Play: Find ways to keep your child?s summer passion alive during the school year by finding after-school programs, clubs, teams, etc…
- Summon the Learning Spirit: Assign creative homework as summer nears an end.
- Take a Final Family Field Trip: Visit our local library, park, or zoo.
- Set Up a Homework Area: Create a quiet, well-lit space for study.
- Sharpen Skills: Add a few brain-bending games into the everyday mix. Sudoku, crossword puzzles, word searches, trivia games, memory, etc?
- GO FOR A TEST RUN: Take a trip to Pine Hill or South Bay and get familiar with the campus.