Our New Vision Statement!
South Bay USD students will develop mastery of language and math—so that as well educated citizens—each is equipped and empowered for success in a rapidly changing world.
We are excited to be offering the first round of Love and Logic Parenting classes.
The presenter will be Ronda Evans, certified Love and Logic trainer. This is a 6 week class on Tuesdays at South Bay School. Class, Dinner, and Childcare provided free of charge. Dates for classes are September 12th,19th, 26th, October 3rd, 10th, and 17th. Dinner will be served at 5:00 Class from 5:30 - 7:00. Please contact Pine Hill/South Bay Family Resource Center at 707-445-5933 to sign up!
Our ONLINE FREE AND REDUCED MEAL APPLICATION is quick and easy to use. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to submit your applications conveniently from any internet-accessible computer. Use this direct link to begin the application process.
10 Ways to Make the Switch from Summer Mode to School Mode
- Restart Routines: About 2 weeks before school starts, make bedtime earlier, dust off the alarm clock, and aim to serve meals at approximately the same times your child will be eating throughout the school year.
- Go Over Ground Rules: When and where will homework be done? TV? Chores? Establishing guidelines and going over them together will make sure you?re on the same page once the school year begins.
- De-Stressing Dressing: Many parents have found that letting their child choose their 1st-day outfit to be beneficial - a souvenir shirt from a park you visited or a special new dress to match a friend. Please replace the summer sandals with socks and sneakers.
- Develop a Game Plan - Together: Discuss goals for the upcoming school year, triumphs from the year before, and some skills to work on during this year.
- Keep Summer Passions in Play: Find ways to keep your child?s summer passion alive during the school year by finding after-school programs, clubs, teams, etc…
- Summon the Learning Spirit: Assign creative homework as summer nears an end.
- Take a Final Family Field Trip: Visit our local library, park, or zoo.
- Set Up a Homework Area: Create a quiet, well-lit space for study.
- Sharpen Skills: Add a few brain-bending games into the everyday mix. Sudoku, crossword puzzles, word searches, trivia games, memory, etc?
- GO FOR A TEST RUN: Take a trip to Pine Hill or South Bay and get familiar with the campus.