Humboldt County Shelter In Place Order Effective March 30, 2020 Until Rescinded
All school sites in the South Bay Union School District will remain closed for the rest of the 2020-2021 school year.
Online Enrichment Learning will continue through June 11, 2020.
California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Humboldt County Office of Education Coronavirus Information Page
Humboldt County Mental Health Resources
SBUSD Online Learning & Parent Resources Page
SBUSD Chromebook Care
Student & Family Request for Assistance
Whether the school closure lasts a few more weeks or a few more months, the staff at the South Bay Union Elementary School District are here for you. Should you need anything or have questions about anything, please fill out this short Request for Assistance Form and a member of South Bay's dedicated team will get in touch with you within 48 hours. We're in this together. #pinehill&southbaystrong
Breakfast & Lunch Pick Up - TUESDAY 8:00am
Drop by South Bay between8:00am-11:00am or until supplies run out to pick up a 5 day supply of breakfast and lunch for ALL the children in your household. Food will NOT be distributed at Pine Hill. During the county-wide Shelter-In-Place, we will be offering a week of meals in one day. If you know of other families that need food for their children please let them know this is open to all families in the area.
- 8-11 AM SOUTH BAY PARKING LOT
- 7:45 AM BOTCHIES
- 7:55 AM EZ LANDING
- 8:05 AM KEET
- 8:15 AM HUMBOLDT GRANGE
Throughout the school closure, the South Bay Union Elementary School District will continue to assess our efforts to ensure that we meet your needs.
Family Resource Center & Community Resources
The Family Resource Center is still open and serving families. At this point if you are in need of services please reach out to FRC Coordinator at 707-296-0083. We can help families file for unemployment, get in contact with Suddenlink for free internet, among other things!
- Family Resouce Center Operations
- Food for People - A great place to go if your family is in need of some more food!
- Legal Services of Northern Califonia - Legal help for medical testing, housing, paid family leave, and more!
- Mental Health Crisis Services - 24/7 support for mental health!
- Unemployment Benefits - The wating period for unemployment has been waived.
Regarding mental health support:
If you are feeling anxious, worried, or depressed related to the current health crisis and need someone to talk to, please reach out to the support line DHHS has set up at 707-268-2999. It is staffed Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. You are not in this alone! The FRC is also available to assist with connecting you to these resources.
- Superintendent Gary Stort's Update - 4/10/2020
- Superintendent's School Closure Announcement - 4/2/2020
- Superintendent's School Closure Annoucement (Spanish) - 4/2/2020
- Superintendent Gary Storts update - 3/24/2020
- Superintendent Gary Storts update - 3/20/2020
- Notice for SBUSD Employees - 3/18/2020
- Superintendent Gary Storts' update - 3/16/2020
- Superintendent Gary Storts' update - 3/13/2020
County and State Announcements
- The Economy, The Surge, and What's Next for Humboldt County 4/23/2020
- California Roadmap to Modify the Stay At Home Order - 4/15/2020
- Humboldt County Shelter In Place Order 3/30/2020
- Local Emergency Proclamation 3/30/2020
- Humboldt County Shelter In Place Order 3/20/2020
- News Alerts and Updates 3/19/2020
- Public Health Coronavirus Annoucement from the Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services - March 2, 2020